|Department:||Operations & Maintenance|
Candidate will work from their home and must be within the Lincoln, IL area.
Company vehicle will be provided for use during work hours.
This position will be managed from our Virden, IL facility.
PURPOSE / ACCOUNTABILITY
Main responsibility will be reading meters, other responsibilities include: customer service field activities on transmission and distribution systems and facilities, as applicable. Performs such work in accordance with Company, regulatory and safety procedures.
- Reads meters.
- Responds to customer requests for service including connections, disconnections, leak and carbon monoxide investigations.
- Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
- Will read meters and records consumption for billing. Changes charts and calculates loss or gain from submeters.
- Investigates, grades and repairs leaks.
- May disconnect service as necessary and perform collection efforts on delinquent accounts.
- Replaces and/or repairs meters and regulators. Sets and removes meters as necessary.
- Installs, programs and operates Automatic Meter Reading equipment as necessary.
- May be required to perform natural gas line location tasks.
- Performs activities to ensure responsiveness to natural gas and other emergencies.
- Completes and maintains accurate records and reports to comply with Company and regulatory requirements.
- Will be required to hold stand-by duty, work shifts, holidays, weekends, emergency call outs, and occasional extensive hours.
- Is subject to reporting outside regular work area.
- Identifies, addresses, and reports safety and encroachment issues to their resolution and completion.
- Is responsible for the safe operation and inspection of assigned Company vehicles and equipment.
- Demonstrates support for and adheres to the Company’s values, strategies, policies and procedures and exhibits the core values of Customer Service, Safety and the Company’s Code of Conduct both as an individual contributor, team member and/or leader of others.
- Must become familiar with the contents of the Safety Manual, live by the spirit of its intent and become involved in creating and maintaining a safe working environment. Must complete all required safety training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- Natural gas construction and/or service field experience is preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain minimum Operator Qualifications (OQs) and classroom training for position and any other required OQs and classroom training or certifications within six months.
- Requires valid driver’s license in accordance with Company standards.
- Requires ability to utilize the Company’s internet/intranet web site and available resources for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
- Requires the ability to communicate with internal/external customers to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or information.
- Work requires entry to customer premises.
- Works outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to extremes of climate and temperatures, high noise levels, rough terrain, and occasional work on ladders, roofs, attics, and under houses as well as confined spaces.
- May require overnight travel.
- Has a residence requirement due to call-out response time.
- Works as an individual contributor and/or as member of a team.
- Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
- Requires the acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of smell.
- Must be able to lift tools, equipment and materials up to and including 60 pounds.
- As a Safety-Sensitive position, pre and post-employment screenings, including but not limited to drug testing as outlined by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), and motor vehicle record (MVR) background checks are required.
Liberty Utilities is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration in employment or advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, military or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.