|Title:||Electric System Controller|
Responsible for ensuring a safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the Liberty Utilities Electric Distribution and Sub-transmission System Control. Interact with transmission providers and Electric Field personnel with overseeing the Distribution System Control during both day-to-day operations including Storm restoration. Provide engineering support work order preparation, ARC FM design, coordinate with various internal departments, and prepare/execute overhead, underground, and substation switching with field personnel. Prepare and submit all necessary reporting requirements to the Regulatory Agency as required.
- Support Liberty Utilities Integrated Resource Planning Process.
- Work closely with other Electric System Controllers in the development of System Control room parameters including procedures, System Control and administrative work processes.
- Monitor and control electric distribution system including substations, overhead, and underground lines
- Effectively prepare electric switching procedures.
- Respond to alarms and system status and implement corrective actions.
- Monitor System Control operations and respond to system disturbances with providing the necessary support during system emergencies.
- Direct Field personnel and coordinate switching
- Complete Control center logs and reports.
- Establish restoration priorities and dispatch resources as appropriate.
- Update computer screens and displays as needed.
- Ensure notifications for off hour repairs and outage restoration updates.
- Coordinate daily planning with ISO-NE
- Consolidate information from a variety of sources to accurately validate, analyze and report any outage and operating data.
- Analyze and troubleshoot various System Deficiencies and Power Quality issues e.g. VAR compensation, Voltage Support, Loading issues, and Equipment issues.
- Accountable for accurately reporting data and reports associated with outage data.
- Reliability/Outage data scrubbing.
- Generate Work Orders including Graphical Design and Estimating.
- Prepare and process As-Built information.
- Process General Customer calls as first point of contact in Design.
- Provide support to Field Operations with technical assistance.
- Comply with Federal and State regulations including NERC requirements and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or higher Technical Degree (i.e. Engineering/Technology) with 2 years related working experience or 3 years extensive experience in Electric Operations/Electrical Utility System Control required.
- Able to work systematically to analyze problems and issues, identify causes, anticipate implications, and identify effective courses of action during periods of stress and emergencies required.
- Experience with reading and understanding GIS, System Maps, EMS screens required.
- Understanding of an Electric Distribution and sub transmission system required.
- Able to work both autonomously, in a team environment and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills required to perform efficiently in this role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook & Excel) required. OMS a plus.
- Flexible with working within shift rotation, which may include day, evening, and night hours as well as weekends, On-Call duties and Company-recognized holidays required.
Liberty Utilities is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration in employment or advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, military or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.