|Title:||Operator II (Tyler -05/17)|
|Department:||Operations & Maintenance|
The Water/Wastewater Operator 2 performs routine functions associated with the daily operations of a water production, water distribution system and a wastewater treatment facility, wastewater collection system including lift stations. The Operator will insure that the implementation of process control strategies, process monitoring, lab work, water quality assurance, efficient equipment operations, troubleshooting, and maintenance procedures, are performed in a diligent manner at all times. Duties include but will not be limited to - daily checks of wells, pumps, booster pump stations, storage tanks, reservoirs, distribution systems, treatment facilities, lift stations, and collection systems. The Operator will conduct, administer and supervise all company work related efforts and activities within the rules, regulations and responsibilities of the most current Company Safety Policy, OHSA regulations, Federal, State, and County operating permits and regulations. The Operator will respond to main line breaks, force main breaks, service breaks, fire hydrant problems, meter problems, Equipment malfunctions, lift station issues, and other distribution, collection, or facility emergencies as deemed necessary by his/her Supervisor. The Operator will also assist water customers with concerns of water quality and delivery as well as wastewater customers with their concerns of adequate service. This position also provides technical and/or physical assistance to other water/wastewater operations personnel, contractors and developers and any other duties as may be assigned by his/her Supervisor. The Operator will be responsible for accurate record keeping in all matters pertaining to the daily operations of the water and wastewater regulatory and process requirements. Additionally, the Operator will be required to be involved in an assigned on call/after hour program.
- Daily inspection of all facility sites, noting motor run times, pump rates, flow rates, process control, and operations, general condition of sites and appurtenances. Maintain adequate records and regulatory submittals.
- Inspection of possible leaks. Repairs, when possible, to service lines, water mains, wastewater mains, hydrants, and lift stations. Arrangement for repairs by contractors. Assistance to contractors in completion of repairs. Changing out chlorine cylinders.
- Assist customers with troubles related to water supply, volume, pressure, line loates, water quality, or wastewater reliability in the collection system. Arrange for, or complete sampling if deemed necessary, to assure customer satisfaction and confidence.
- Perform routine maintenance and/or repairs at sites including filter changes, adjustments and repairs to chlorine generators, pumps and motors. Maintenance of motors and pumps including the proper lubrication of equipment, and all regularly scheduled maintenance.
- General maintenance to all well sites, including, but not limited to mowing, removal of debris, and weeds.
- Maintain current certifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Work requires a high school diploma or equivalent thereof, plus a minimum of (3) three years experience in a water/wastewater utility environment. Knowledge of computer systems, Microsoft Excel and Word programs is preferred.
- Three years experience in plumbing, well operation, distribution water mains, wastewater plant, collection system and lift station operations.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Maintain a Class C Water/Wastewater Operator Certification.