|Title:||Senior Accountant (Avondale - 05/2018)|
|Department:||Accounting & Finance & Audit|
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada. Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Provide support to the Finance Supervisor. Support other staff members or business units as assigned. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to manage one or more functional areas of accounting in accordance with GAAP, NARUC and other pertinent guidelines and standards. Ability to manage simultaneous projects or tasks.
This information is intended to be description of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
- Responsibilities include preparation, entry and review of selected journal entries for general ledger.
- Prepare analysis or reconciliation of selected accounts for review by accounting management and external auditors. Provide response to questions arising from this review and making adjusting entries as required.
- Coordinate recording of revenue with Customer care. Prepare revenue related journal entries.
- Record and maintain contract information for outside service contracts, if applicable, and AIAC and CIAC contracts and journal entries. Prepare annual refund of AIAC repayments and any refunds related to CIAC overpayments.
- Maintain internal controls over all duties in compliance with SOX standards.
- Prepare or review monthly bank reconciliations and daily cash schedules.
- Assist in preparation of required information for interim and annual financial audit or other audits as requested, e.g., CPUC, taxing authorities, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of required information for rate case and other regulatory or statutory filings.
- Handle as assigned, may include review and/or providing back-up support to other staff members in the area of payroll and accounts payable.
- Protect the confidentiality of the Company's information to which the position will have access.
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and equivalent experience which would include some of the following:
- Minimum of three years performing accounting duties such as: bank reconciliations with high volume cash and payment activity, GL account reconciliations, accounting report preparation, accounts payable, cash receipts, sales reports, audit work, support of highly functioning operations, sales, accounting and other administrative area.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of GAAP
- Strong decision making skills within corporate and regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and organized; able to work with little to no supervision.
- Responsive to changing job demands/flexible with priorities changing quickly.
- Able to work in a fast pace/changing environment.
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer