|Title:||Site Commissioning Manager|
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
|Location:||Amherst Island, ON|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: The Commissioning Manager is responsible for ensuring proper planning, coordination, communication, and execution of equipment testing, commissioning and energization activities to successfully place into service the generating facilities constructed by Algonquin Power in compliance with requirements of applicable agreements, standards, best practices and utility interconnection requirements.
- Review and comment on commissioning plans from EPC contractors including proposed tests, energization plan, switching sequence and lock-out/tag-out protocols
- Participate in calls/meetings with EPC contractors, Equipment Suppliers and Transmission Provider as necessary for commissioning activities
- Provide coordination between EPC contractors and Transmission Provider for commissioning activities
- Coordinate testing activities with Transmission Provider for protection and SCADA testing
- Monitor progress of testing, energization and commissioning activities
- Witness electrical testing of equipment prior to energization
- Develop and track punch list of testing deficiencies.
- Ensure deficiencies are corrected and equipment retested if necessary
- Review and approve electrical equipment test results
- Monitor commissioning, testing, punch list item completion and placing into service the 115kV Switching Station, 115kV Transmission Line including submarine cable and 115kV/34.5 Collector Substation.
- Monitor commissioning, testing, punch list item completion and placing into service the 34.5 kV collection system, GSU padmounted transformers and WTG.
- Monitor equipment operation after it's placed into service and alert EPC contractor if any parameters are believed to be outside normal operating limits or if any other deficiencies are discovered.
- Participate in planning and coordinating energization of the collection system
- Coordinate collection system isolation requests from Wind Turbine supplier
- College or professional program of 3 years or less
- The ideal candidate for the Site Commissioning Manager role would be an Electrical Engineer or Engineering Technologist with a minimum of 10 year experience and working knowledge in testing and commissioning high voltage substations and large scale wind energy projects as well as familiarity with HONI COVER process, IESO interconnection process including exposure to IESO telemetry, performance testing and dispatch workstation requirements and Siemens wind turbines.
- The assignment is expected to last from 5-6 months starting December 2017.
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.