|Title:||Compliance Operations Supervisor|
|Department:||Engineering & Technical Services|
Operations Supervisor, Compliance
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Position Description: The Compliance Operations Supervisor plans, organizes, and coordinates the regulatory compliance activities for Gas utility operations in Georgia. The Compliance Supervisor will develop, execute and monitor compliance programs and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to instrumentation and controls, regulated transmission and distribution systems and/or facilities as mandated by state and federal regulators, including the GA Public Service Commission, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Supervises the inspection, installation, maintenance and repairs of natural gas lines, large meters, relief valves, regulators and related equipment.
- Assures the completion of accurately maintained records and reports as required by the Company and utility regulators.
- Troubleshoots the execution of service orders (ex. connections, disconnections and leak investigations).
- Schedules, coordinates and oversees assigned capital, daily operational activities and human resources to meet customer (commercial and/or residential) service demands.
- Initiates and supervises the service delivery model for natural gas lines, large meters and regulators.
- Schedules, monitors and conducts quality control audits of work performed by assigned employees to ensure system integrity, regulatory compliance and customer safety.
- Works closely with Engineering to identify system improvements, upgrades and field functions required to maintain system integrity.
- Works collaboratively with operations personnel (Construction, EHS, Engineering, Field Operations and Technical Services) to maintain compliance with Company policies, procedures and safety standards, state and federal environmental and regulatory standards.
- Assures operational efficiency by managing costs through proper planning, budgeting, forecasting, and scheduling with a focus on safety and high reliability.
- Work closely with the existing Leadership Team to plan and implement both short and long range operational goals
- Identify opportunities to share resources and individual team member’s expertise and skills to further the Company’s objectives.
- Plans, monitors, coordinates and inspects work of contractor crews to ensure compliance with Federal, state and local codes and regulations as well as Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Coordinates functional area activities with regards to emergency outages and transmission/distribution systems problems.
- Performs activities to ensure responsiveness to natural gas and other emergencies.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field and three years of progressively responsible experience in the natural gas utility; or
General educational knowledge normally acquired through technical school and five years of progressively responsible experience in the natural gas industry. Experience in operations, engineering, project management, and a proven track record may be substituted for education
Ability to function effectively in team environments and build effective teams
Good leadership and communication skills (written and verbal)
Willingness and ability to work unsupervised
Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and all necessary maintenance management programs
Requires the ability to provide explanation of technical or other complex matters to people with little or no background in the area(s) under discussion.
Requires proficiency in performing analyses involving ratios, percentages and simple statistical methods and/or make calculations to reconcile financial statement and accounts.
Excellent time management skills; be well organized and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to make decisions quickly drawing on past experiences, wisdom and sound judgment
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
Liberty Utilities is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration in employment or advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer