|Title:||Director, Total Rewards|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
- Responsible for the design, maintenance and administration of all Enterprise wide compensation, benefits, payroll, pension and other reward programs and oversight of the HRIS team.
- Required to develop, revise and continuously improve corporate compensation and benefit programs, policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and remain competitive in the industry, Canadian and US markets.
- Lead the development of theTotal Rewards roadmap and strategic plan to support HR programs andinitiatives in partnership with HR Leadership team and other internal customers.
- Total Rewards includes oversight of Enterprise Payroll, Benefits, Pension and 401K, Compensation and HRIS teams; 8 direct and 9 indirect reports located in both Canada and the US.
- Oversee and lead the Total Rewards Program including Payroll, Benefits, Pension and 401K, Compensation and HRIS.
- Review the current Total Rewards infrastructure, recommend ways to reduce costs and deliver positive business value through efficient management and direction.
- Review, monitor and identify industry best practices for compensation and rewards to ensure maintains competitive with their program(s).
- Design and develop employee recognition programs that reflects culture and performance expectations.
- Design and implement compensation and benefits policies; evaluate and revise programs based on changes in policy direction and trend analysis.
- Develop exempt and non-exempt salary policies to ensure that pay practices remain equitable and competitive.
- Lead the due diligence activities for merger and acquisition’s including site visits and meetings, analysis and reporting of Total Rewards programs, compensation, benefits, pension, costing, concerns, issues, etc.
- Oversee the annual compensation programs tied to performance management such as merit increases, short and long term incentives.
- Administer and manage health and retirement plans, such as medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, employee share purchase plan, pension and retirement plans.
- Strategically reduce the number of pension plans currently in place
- Manage outsourced programs and vendor relationships to ensure programs meet employee needs.
- Monitor existing vendor relationships for performance, identify cost savings opportunities and assure accuracy of payments.
- Ensure corporate compensation and benefits policies adhere to industry standards and guidelines.
- Collect and analyze survey data to benchmark the Companies position.
- Remain current with trends and developments in applicable industry laws.
- Conduct regular audits of the Total Rewards Program to ensure its legal compliance and accuracy.
- Prepare ledger entries and forms, such as records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances.
- Handle all inquiries regarding compensation and benefits.
- Issue ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Responsible for the planning, design and implementation of common and consistent Total Rewards processes & systems organization wide by identifying best practices to align with overall company strategy.
- Own and manage the Total Rewardschange strategy related to the project, develop business case and project plan including identifying and managing activities, people and dates.
- Develop M&A Integration plans that support the business objectives, timelines, budgets, resources pool, milestones, deliverables and end-of-integration success criteria.
- Prepare and conduct project status reports to update management regularly on progress, risks and issues.
- Support HRIS and Payroll system integrations of acquired organizations.
- 15 – 20+ years of relevant experience
- University degree in Human Resources, Finance, Payroll or a related field.
- CBE, CCP or CEBS designation preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of Senior Leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated progressive experience with compensation and benefits analysis and senior management responsibilities.
- Compensation and Pension experience within both Canada and US, Global will be considered an asset
- Experience in managing and sourcing compensation, benefits and other forms of rewards.
- Advanced proficiency with SAP accounting and Ceridian payroll software.
- Proven presentation and facilitation abilities.
- Experience with change management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, interpret, implement and improve Company policies, procedures and practices.
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.