|Title:||Financial Analyst - FP&A|
|Department:||Accounting & Finance & Audit|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate: The primary activities of the successful candidate in this role will be to support the senior financial analysis for the Hydro wind and solar energy groups as well as corporate apartments by providing detailed and accurate analysis in addition to the preparation of short and long-term forecast including the annual budget. The ideal candidate will develop with in the role to the point where it would be possible to be promoted to the senior financial analyst role.
Areas of responsibility
- Coordinate and prepare monthly management financial reports P&L variance reports balance sheets statements capital expenditures and KPI’s by consolidating imports from and working with business units and other areas of finance to ensure all financial information is accurate appropriately disclosed and supports financial statement presentation and disclosure
- Support the senior financial analyst in providing comprehensive analysis on the financial results explaining variances in actual results versus budgeted and prior year recommending corrective actions influence future results
- Provide assistance in developing new analysis in KPI‘s to enhance understanding of company performance yielding new insights. Assist in process improvements for variance in financial reporting
Reporting system (Clarity 7) role and responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining data input templates and reports for users
- Perform periodic reconciliation of the clarity data to the company ERP Great Plains
- Assess the senior financial analyst in training and users on clarity as needed
- Provide financial analysis and business decision support for ad hoc projects
Budgeting and forecasting
- Working on a sign portfolios complete quarterly for re-forecasting including the annual budget based on the long term models in clarity
- Build and maintain supplementary models to support the forecast process in coordination with business unit leaders
- Work with the team to prepare the budget and forecast documents
- Support the senior financial analyst to provide analysis to support the writing of the quarterly management discussion and analysis MDNA and the annual information form AIF
- Assist in providing exclamation support during the quarterly audits
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an analytical role, experience dealing with senior individuals of both a financial and non-financial nature is preferred
- CPA (CA, CMA or CGA) designation required
- University degree in business or commerce (MBA would be an asset)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is mandatory (Pivot tables, V&H Lookup, simple Macros)
- Experience with Clarity 7 considered an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent project management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer