|Title:||Service Desk Analyst|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate:The role of Service Desk Analyst is to supply Level 1 & 2 support and to be the first point of contact for computer, desk phone, smartphone and peripheral related incidents, problems and service requests. The Service Desk Analyst also performs user adminstration tasks and setups for adds/modifications and termination of accounts, including provisioning of PCs, cell phones and setups. The Service Desk Analyst analyzed end user related incidents and problems utilizing standard Service Desk Ticketing software and provides timely resolution to these issues or escalates the issue to the appropriate Level 2/3 function.
- Tier 1 & 2 support of desktop hardware and applications and peripherals. As well as connectivity troubleshooting. General IT Service requests, access rights
- First contact for Incident Management
- Executive "white glove" support
- New user, transfers and terminated employee setup - procurement, telephony, mobile, application setup
- Asset tagging and tracking
- Inventory tracking of PCs and Desk phones
- Tier 1 triage of incident tickets, automated alerts and escalation to support teams
- Monitoring backups, backup tape rotation
- Perform set Asset and configuration tasks
- Desktop patching, image deployment
- Provide Cyber Incident response as directed by Senior
- Procurement, provisioning and setup of smartphones and tablets
- Broad Job Knowledge - Broader knowledge of theory and principles within a professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
- College or professional program of 3 years or less
- 3-5 years of experiences
- ITIL, CISCO VOIP, Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
- Blackberry Enterprise Server, Service Desk Ticketing
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.