|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate:Install, repair and rebuild a wide variety of electrical, electronic, instrumentation and computer components to support the Cogeneration Facility.
- Maintenance of the facility/equipment in accordance with:
- All regulatory permits and laws
- The Energy Services Agreement;
- OHSA All the relevant safety standards of Algonquin Power
- The Supplier Equipment manuals and/or Manual of good practice
- Assist in the implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety programs as they relate to maintenance activities.
- Supervise and direct the activities of contractors performing repairs/maintenance.
- Ability to learn new techniques, skills and work methods
- Show Initiative and Ingenuity
- Have good decision-making abilities and critical thinking.
- Ability to accept accountability and responsibility for their own actions
- Patience, thoroughness, & independence
- Ability to problem solve, desire to investigate, analytical thinking
- Be available to work flexible hours depending on the job or situation
- Being able to adapt to change and spot changes in your environment
- Assist in instilling a culture of continuous improvement, an active role in pride of ownership, and team work.
- Install electrical components such as wiring, conduit, cable tray, outlets, breakers, motors, etc. on low and medium voltage systems (up to 4160 volts).
- Perform all predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance on all instrumentation, electrical distributive control systems, and micro-processor based control packages and computer system. Perform mechanical activities as required during scheduled outages, as well as on a routine basis.
- Assist in troubleshooting and system development projects.
- Assist in the daily scheduling and completion of maintenance activities
- Recommend spare parts requirements for all IC & E equipment.
- Work with the Operations department to coordinate the implementation of Lockout/Tagouts, Confined Space permits and other safety and health policies to support maintenance activities.
• Administer the CMMS program.
• Monitor and coordinate vendor activities with the operations department
• Coordinate with management to review and revise maintenance procedures.
• Assist the management in obtaining equipment, tools, materials and labor necessary to support maintenance activities.
• Must be capable of playing an active role in plant improvement projects from inception to completion
• Comply with all company, plant and departmental policies, rules and procedures.
1. Responsible for maintenance and repair of all Electrical, Instrumentation and Control systems of the plant.
2. Develop, implement and perform long range Instrument, Control and Electrical equipment maintenance procedures and records.
3. Maintain correct calibration on all components/equipment.
4. Maintain and use environmental measurement equipment as required.
5. Inspect, adjust and test all Gas/Steam Turbine and HRSG equipment controls and participate in periodic inspections of the plant.
- Accountable for the scheduling, completion and documentation of preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance plans to assure optimum efficiency and minimize downtime of equipment. Assist in the development of outage plans. Strong organizational & time management skills. Be able to communicate in an effective and professional manner, both in speaking and in email
- High School, Vocational Training (or equivalent).
- 5 – 7 years experience in electrical, instrumentation and control fields. Secondary skills in the area of mechanical maintenance.
- Required to operate independently to troubleshoot and resolve electrical malfunctions, as well as performing predictive and preventative maintenance. Required to have secondary skills in the mechanical maintenance field. Must be fully oriented to the Cogeneration operations and capable of responding to emergency situations. Ability to work rotating shifts during scheduled outages, including holidays
- Proficient in the following software:
- A solid understanding of “Safety First” and the ability to apply these principles to every job or situation
- Ability to perform work alone and independently
- Perform other duties/tasks as directed by management
- Oversee the work carried out by facility staff or contractors as the Person In Charge (PIC)
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.