Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: The role of the Data Lead is to improve the overall level of data integrity and data quality in Liberty's enterprise SAP system through appropriate data analysis and mapping. The Data Lead coordinates the activities of various team members who have specific knowledge of individual legacy systems to ensure that data migration and conversion tasks are successfully designed and executed; he/she obtains signoff of various data validation efforts from key stakeholders. The Data Lead assists the Project Manager with project life cycle requirements related to the data readiness portion of ProjectOne, including scheduling, status reporting, and issues tracking.
*For Internal candidates only - This role can be based out of any of the regional LU or ED locations*
- Participate and provide input to the data migration strategy
- Integrate the data migration with Vertex responsibilities for LUCC including data load
- Participate in data mapping workshops led by Vertex
- Assist the LUCC functional/business experts in validating the migrated data by suggesting validation strategies
- Provide direction to other migration object owners to resolve any dependency issues between objects
- Lead and coordinate the LUCC team for data Extraction and Transformation activities of the end-to-end ET process
- Coordinate the various functional streams / technical resources for the data migration planning/execution activities
- Assist with managing project scope
- Participate in project planning activities and manage the execution according to plan
- Develop, maintain and execute LUCC team work schedule
- Manage issues and risks with PMO
- Provide project status report to PMO
- Assist with the deployment of the Enterprise Solution (cut over and post Go-Live support)
- Broad Job Knowledge - Broader knowledge of theory and principles within a professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices.
- College or professional program of 3 years or less
- 5-10 years of experiences
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.