|Title:||Bilingual Service Desk Associate|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,800 MW of installed capacity.
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to work with a fantastic and dedicated IT team within a fast growing organization.
You will gain exposure to a variety of IT Operations tasks and be provided with opportunities to participate in major project
We need you to:
Use your customer centric attitude and ability to work with team in order to provide service and support to a fast moving organization
Act as the main point of contact for the Quebec region and first point of contact for computer, desk phone, Smartphone and peripheral related events and service requests
Specific areas of focus:
- Performing user administration tasks and setups for adds/modifications and termination of accounts, including provisioning of PCs, cell phones and setups.
- Maintaining IT stores and assist with organization of purchased IT assets and configuration.
- Providing tier 1 support of desktop hardware and applications and peripherals. As well as connectivity troubleshooting.
- Providing tier 1 Support pertaining to general IT service requests (Password resets, Ticket Triaging, Phone Support etc.)
- Working on new user, transfers and terminated employee setup - procurement, telephony, mobile setup
- Completing asset tagging and tracking
- Tracking inventory of PCs and Desk phones
- Providing tier 1 triage of incident tickets, automated alerts and escalation to support teams
- Performing set asset and configuration tasks
- Ensuring procurement, provisioning and setup of smart phones and tablets
Experience & Abilities you bring:
- Strong French communication skills; verbal and written
- 2-3 years of experience within an IT service role or a related college degree with co-op experience
- Familiarity with service management tools (i.e. Remedy, Service now etc.)
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- An individual who loves to be challenged
- A motivated team player
- Customer focused professional
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.