|Title:||Sr. Manager, Marketing and Communications|
|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
|Department:||Communications & Marketing|
Liberty Utilities (formerly Empire Electric District Company) is a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada. The generation group owns a portfolio of North American based wind, solar, hydro electric and natural gas powered generating facilities representing more than 1,800 MW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
The key purpose of this position is to lead and manage a team responsible for: 1) All customer and employee communications, media relations and marketing for Liberty Utilities in the Central Region; 2) Enhancing customer satisfaction through continual communications improvements; 3) Increasing employee engagement through the development and implementation of employee marketing and communications campaigns; 4) Developing and maintaining consistent messaging across all communications channels that supports both the local and corporate brand; 5) Supporting and driving customer expansion (gas sales, energy efficiency and franchise expansion) through the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns; 5) Creating content and production of PUC-mandated newsletters/bill inserts, website and social media posting. Serve as company spokesperson and respond to all media inquiries.
- Lead and manage a regional team of Marketing and Communications Specialists responsible for communications and marketing programs that drive employee engagement, customer satisfaction and customer expansion in the Central Region.
- Develop and implement communications and marketing strategies to drive customer satisfaction, customer expansion, employee engagement and the LU brand.
- Provide coaching, as well as learning development opportunities to further expand on team's skill set and career aspirations. Collaborate with other departments and regions to provide support and share best practices.
- Create and implement internal communications initiatives that enhance and drive the company's efforts to increase employee engagement and other critical initiatives.
- Promote a positive company culture and employee engagement.
- Collaborate and support other departments in the Central region, other regions and Corporate to enhance all communications.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns to drive customer expansion, including gas sales, new technologies and franchise expansion.
- Support Business Development and Government Relations with communications and marketing initiatives for strategic initiatives including but not limited to franchise expansion.
- Develop and execute all customer communications including bill inserts and newsletters that satisfy strict PUC requirements. Interview, collect data and write effectively about complex topics.
- Develop and execute content for company website and social media platforms. Support other Liberty Regions with website updates.
- Speak on behalf of the company in response to media inquiries - On call off hours.
- Promote company values internally and externally through a variety of communications channels.
- Promote a positive company reputation, attend and promote company community events.
- Develop and execute press releases, organize events, manage all media inquiries.
- Broad Job Knowledge - broader knowledge of theory and principles within a professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices.
- University - Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- 10 - 15 years of experiences.
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer