|Title:||Senior Financial Analyst - Planning & Analysis|
|Department:||Accounting & Finance & Audit|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate: To provide financial support to the Renewable Energy division and Corporate Departments by providing detailed and accurate analysis as well as preparation of short and long term forecasts and the annual budget.
Management reporting and performance analysis
• Coordinate and prepare monthly management financial reports (P&L variance reports, B/S, capital expenditures and KPIs) by consolidating inputs from, and working with, business units and other areas of finance
• Provide comprehensive analysis on the financial results, explaining variances in actual results versus budget and prior year and recommending corrective actions to influence future results
• Develop new analysis and KPI’s to enhance the understanding of company performance yielding new insights. Assist in process improvements for variance and financial reporting
• Ensure all financial information is accurate, appropriately disclosed and supports financial statement presentation and disclosure
Reporting system (Clarity 7) role and responsibilities
• Maintain budget input templates and reports for users
• Perform periodic reconciliation of the Clarity data to the company’s ERP (Great Plains)
• Train end users on Clarity as needed
• Provide financial analysis and business decision support for ad hoc projects
Budgeting & Forecasting
• Prepare annual budget and periodic forecasts in coordination with business unit leaders
• Working with the Energy divisions, coordinate the preparation of long-term forecasts based on the long-term models in the Clarity system
• Support the writing of the quarterly Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) and the Annual Information Form (AIF)
• Assist in providing explanations/support during quarterly audits
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an analytical role dealing with senior individuals of both a financial and non-financial nature
- CPA (CA, CMA or CGA) designation required
- University degree in business or commerce (MBA would be an asset)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is mandatory (Pivot tables, V&H Lookup, simple Macros)
- Experience with Clarity 7 considered an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- The preferred candidate would have excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent project management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer