|Title:||Sr. Manager Compensation|
|Department:||Human Resources & Total Rewards|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to facilitate and manage change within a fast growing organization.
We need you to:
- Lead, manage and administer the direct (base salary, incentive and perquisites) and indirect (vacation, recognition and service) reward programs, processes, and systems, internal and external relationships
- To assist the Director, Total Rewards with assessing existing programs, aligning, developing and implementing new programs, policies, processes and systems as required. Development and maintenance of Corporate Policies.
- Assist with competitive benchmarking exercises, analysis, recommendations and development of new programs, integration and alignment of existing programs
- Responsible to ensure the programs, respective policies, guidelines, plan documents, communication, processes and systems are continuously updated to ensure legislative compliance, competitiveness and operational excellence
- Responsible to ensure the accurate, efficient and timely administration and execution of the Annual Salary merit, Variable Payment programs
- Responsible for the management and administration of the job evaluation, pay equity and organizational titling convention
- Assist with the development, maintenance and execution of an organization wide communication/information strategy(s), tools and campaigns to help employees and managers understand their compensation and reward programs and support the Total Reward philosophy
- Provide vendor management where applicable to all external vendors; monitor, resolve issues and proactively establish procedures and maintain effective relationships.
- Provide and transfer subject matter knowledge to enable cross population and support a team environment
- University - Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 10-15 years of related experience
- 5 years' of compensation experience; salary administration, job evaluation, short and long incentive programs and competitive benchmarking
- Executive compensation desired but not required
- Sales Incentive desired but not required
- Understanding of relevant legislation
- CCP in progress or completed
- An effective communicator with strong project management skills
- A change agent with a passion for learning and taking on new challenges
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer