|Title:||Supervisor, Rates and Regulatory Affairs|
Thank you for your interest in The Empire District Electric Company (A Liberty Utilities Company). For over 100 years, our workforce has been serving our customers with pride. As we face the challenges of the future, we will continue to build on our reputation of providing excellent customer service through a skilled, highly motivated workforce. We provide our employees with a challenging work environment, while maintaining a company culture of high ethical standards. Five core competencies are valued in all employees – Customer Focus, Teamwork, Effective Communication, Personal Accountability/Initiative and Flexibility/Adaptability. We believe these competencies are keys to success at Empire District, and it is our mission to recruit, hire, train, and retain such individuals.
Oversee, coordinate and review the planning activities associated with the development, documentation, and presentation of load forecasts, fuel & purchased power forecasts, electric and gas sales and revenue forecasts, Integrated Resource Planning (IRP), Demand-side Management (DSM) projects and capacity planning studies. Assist in rate cases and fuel (electric and gas) by overseeing the preparation of adjustments related to fuel and purchased power, weather normalization, DSM and the expert testimony supporting these adjustments. Oversee the development and continuing education of direct reports.
- Contribute to sound management decisions by coordinating the development and timely completion of demand and energy forecasts, fuel and purchas power forecasts, electric and gas sales & revenue forecasts, and capacity planning, including IRP.
- Monitor, review, and comply with regulatory activity regarding IRP. Prepare and present IRP information as mandated to the various regulatory agencies, including the preparation of expert testimony. Act as the main interface with outside consultants retained from time-to-time for planning or modeling purposes.
- Participate in rate case applications by overseeing the preparation of adjustments to fuel & purchase power, weather normalization and DSM for all jurisdictions, including the preparation of expert testimony. Participate in fuel adjustment clause cases and purchased gas adjustment cases by preparing or overseeing the preparation of adjustments to electric and natural gas commodity costs.
- Oversee the development, analysis, authorization and implementation of DSM programs.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Company by assisting various departments within the Company with model data collection, data analysis activities, and special planning studies utilizing the various corporate models.
- Oversee the development and continuing education of direct reports.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related degree
- 5 years' experience in the Utility business is preferred
- Advanced degrees and related certifications (CPA, PE, etc...) are a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative