|Title:||IT Service Management Analyst|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: The successful incumbent will be the ITSM process specialist for the organization. He/She will be expected to apply this expertise in configuring and maintaining the ITSM tools. The incumbent will utilize best practices and collaborate with various departments to ensure best practices are implemented and adopted in the ITSM tool. Will capture, track, and report on key IT areas and processes for the Service Management department.
- Support the configuration and implementation of the new service desk ticketing tool (Axios Assyst)
- Assess and recommend changes to the ITSM processes in accordance to ITIL best practices (incident management, problem management, change management, etc…)
- Assess and make recommendations in establishing a service catalogue
- Assist in establishing and implementing department SLA’s
- Assist with identifying new IT services by providing cost assessment and analysis
- Prepare report(s) for the IT director as it pertains to Service Management and Delivery
- Capture all IT department monthly performance statistics from IT department managers, and publish on department dashboard
- Perform well defined IT control processes that involve executing, monitoring, and reporting on specific IT control tasks. (ie verify support tickets opened for all failed IT batch jobs)
- Capture, assemble, record, and report on all evidence of performance of IT control processes for use by auditors
- Various other special projects and initiatives as required
- Tier 1/Tier 2 level help desk experience
- Familiarity with IT SOX compliance will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Excellent customer service and communication skills mandatory
- Very detail and results orientated
- Basic programming will be considered an asset (Powershell/Java/SQL)
- Beginner to Intermediate level scripting (This will assist with custom configuring in Axios)
- Experience with Microsoft Office products: Excel spreadsheets, WORD, PowerPoint needed
- IT asset management experience will be considered an asset
- Demonstrates initiatives and proven organization skills
- Some demonstrated experience in capturing, documenting, and improving processes is beneficial
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.