|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
Thank you for your interest in The Empire District Electric Company (A Liberty Utilities Company). For over 100 years, our workforce has been serving our customers with pride. As we face the challenges of the future, we will continue to build on our reputation of providing excellent customer service through a skilled, highly motivated workforce. We provide our employees with a challenging work environment, while maintaining a company culture of high ethical standards. Five core competencies are valued in all employees – Customer Focus, Teamwork, Effective Communication, Personal Accountability/Initiative and Flexibility/Adaptability. We believe these competencies are keys to success at Empire District, and it is our mission to recruit, hire, train, and retain such individuals.
Empire District – A Liberty Utilities Company has an opening for an experienced Pipefitter, or an Apprentice Pipefitter, at its Nevada service center. The successful applicant will be required to reside within 10 miles of the Nevada Service Center. Permanent residency must be established within these prescribed boundaries within 120 days.
- Ability to lift a 50 pound load.
- Ability to climb into and out of excavations.
- Ability to patrol lines in private right-of-way.
- Ability to use shovel.
- Ability to use pick axe.
- Ability to perform essential lifesaving first aid associated with pipe fitting.
- Ability to operate and drive construction equipment, i.e., Trencher, Backhoe, Material Handler Truck and other types of trucks and heavy equipment.
- Ability to wear and use required safety equipment, i.e., full coveralls, goggles, respirators and hard hats.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers verbally, in writing and by using arm and hand signals.
- Ability to use hand tools, i.e., pliers, wrenches, hammers hand and power saws, screwdrivers, pipe cutters, squeeze-off tools, etc...
- Ability to smell gas odorant in order to respond to gas emergencies with respect for the safety of the public and property.
- Ability to be trained and qualified in the tapping of gas mains, joining of plastic gas piping, leak investigation, repair and leak classification.
- Ability to use locators, CP testing equipment, short testing equipment, CGI's, FI's and other similar equipment used in the gas industry.
- Ability to be trained to properly set up traffic control devices for job site and public safety.
- Ability to properly complete paperwork to document findings, i.e. leaks, CP reading, leak surveys, patrols, as built drawings, meter sets, etc...
- Ability to work in all types of weather, extreme heat and cold, rain, snow, wind, mud, day or night.
- Ability to work overtime, respond to emergency call outs, and work for prolonged periods of time at the job site.
- Ability to perform pressure checks on meter sets, use a manometer on interior appliances when necessary, and re-light appliances according to manufacturer's specifications.
- The successful applicant must by DOT qualified.
- The successful applicant must have a Class A CDL.
- One of the factors utilized in determining the qualifications of applicants for this position is the application of tests, where appropriate.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative