|Title:||Senior Internal Auditor|
|Department:||Accounting & Finance & Audit|
|Zip/Postal Code:||NH 03053|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
The Senior Internal Auditor is accountable to support the Senior Manager, Internal Audit in the execution of the Internal Audit department's strategy and annual audit plan within the Liberty Utilities eastern region. This support will involve ensuring the organization maintains strong internal controls and good governance practices through conducting reviews and analysis for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and internal control purposes and participating in other internal audit projects in support of the broader risk-based audit plan. This role will work closely with functional business teams across the organization
• Plan and perform internal audit projects, which includes: the development of audit programs; documentation of processes; interviews of key personnel; preparation of work papers; selection of testing samples and appropriate tests of control activities; development of audit findings, as well as recommendations, to improve risk management and control effectiveness; and communication of results to management.
• Develop and execute testing plans and evaluate and interpret testing results to determine compliance with Sarbanes -Oxley (SOX) requirements. Give support to business process owners to assess and analyze the Company’s internal control environment and recommend improvements to ensure SOX compliance. Assist with ongoing training to employees regarding their roles in SOX compliance, internal controls, and proper documentation of controls.
• Work closely with external auditors to coordinate overlapping audit activities such as SOX initiatives
• Liaise/coordinate with external auditors to ensure maximum reliance on internal audit control testing
• Actively build relationships with business management and educate on the value of internal audit
• Proactive communication of internal audit, SOX activities and plans to business management and external auditors (as applicable)
• Client centric focus to stakeholder issue resolution/inquiries
• Provide counsel to organization department personnel on new initiatives and projects impacting risk, process and internal controls
Minimum Qualifications:• University - Bachelor degree or equivalent
• 3-5 years of experiences
• Accounting designation (CPA) and/or internal audit designation (CIA)
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Advanced knowledge of internal audit methodologies, professional standards and practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of diplomacy
• Ability to analyze, evaluate and provide practical recommendations for improvement
• Demonstrated time management and multi-tasking skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer