|Title:||Territory Manager, Business & Community Development|
|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
|Department:||Industrial & Commercial Energy Services|
Liberty Utilities (formerly Empire Electric District Company) is a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate: The Territory Manager, Business and Community Development Manager initiates, develops, and maintains superior business and consulting relationships with customers, developers, community leaders, and vendors; in order to influence these stakeholders to use our commodity, increase their use of our commodity and take full advantage of the company’s program offerings. Success of this role is measured against growth, expansion, and retention goals set on an annual basis.
- Responsible for the continued development and supervision of Business and Community Development Managers. Must be proactive with groups which include architects, electricians, builders and HVAC contractors.
- Continue to identify, build and maintain long-term relationships with key industrial, commercial and residential customers with an emphasis on customer retention and growth. Responsible for tracking growth and retention through CRM site
- Actively participate in municipal and governmental activities within assigned service territory. Build, develop and maintain relationships with the media and key persons in the area (including city officials, county commissioners and state legislators), ensuring franchises, other contracts and company interests are maintained. Assist other managers with these duties as necessary.
- Contribute to a positive Company image by actively participating in civic, community and economic development activities, providing exceptional customer service while meeting company goals and objectives.
- Communicate engineering and operations plans effectively to key customer assignments.
- Preferred to reside in the service area to which assigned.
- Assist customers with new constructions and expansions by reviewing site plans and providing guidance as it relates to construction codes and practices.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and (3) years related utility experience
Understand and interpret CAD, site work, and mechanical plans
Possess strong working knowledge of construction codes and practices
Engineering or design background a plus
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer