Mandate: This position is responsible for efficient management of Liberty Utilities Distributed Generation (DG) and Net Metering Programs. The position coordinates with internal groups and external agencies as part of providing service and installing new facilities. The position also provides operations support including periodic on-call.
- Maintain an accurate database for all installed and in process DG applications
- Ensure all application are processed within the PUC timelines
- Confirm all applications follow the PUC 900; Liberty Interconnection; and queue rules
- Collect CIACs for jobs requiring distribution upgrades and follow the work management construction process
- Make certain all PUC, ISO and EIA reports are accurate and on time.
- Certify that the technical requirements of the design are met including system voltage, current, operating requirements, Company and Industry Standards.
- Provide technical support to operate and maintain the electrical system.
- Provide off-hours support, including rotating "on-call" responsibilities, in response to service outages, system contingencies, and storms.
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Support the engineering and operations groups through other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology degree from an ABET accredited engineering school with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Electric Utility Industry
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to work in a flexible and fast paced environment
- Strong familiarity with work management systems software and Excel.
- Knowledge of power system operations and protection systems
- Knowledge of electric utility equipment and its functions and applications.
- Knowledge of electric utility infrastructure maps, records, and documents.
- Familiarity with good utility practice and business management including regulatory requirements desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.