Power Plant Supervisor
|Title:||Power Plant Supervisor|
|Subsidiary:||Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp|
Mandate: This position is responsible of the day to day safe operating of the power plant. Responsible of supervising and training operators. Responsible for scheduling operators hours as well as reporting schedule variations to Utility. Responsible of maintaining emission levels and reporting to Air District.
- Responsible for the shift to shift safe operations, production performance, and environmental performance of the power generation facility.
- Responsible for safe start up and, when required, safe shutdown of the power generation facility in accordance with equipment vendor recommendations and guidelines, both in normal and emergency situations.
- Liaison with maintenance functions concerning routine and breakdown maintenance, including issuing work orders when required.
- Ensure performance monitoring is carried out and plant performance is optimized.
- Preparing reports for the monthly operations of the power generation facility, City of Sanger, F.E.R.C., and Calif. Energy Commission.
- Document plant performance with shift logs, operational logs, defect reporting, fault reporting and writing, revision and review of operational procedures.
- Responsible for EHS permit compliance for the power generation facility.
- Maintain operational liaison with the PG&E to ensure power export in accordance and compliance with P.P.A.
- Co-ordinate safety with regards to shift work activities, release of plant equipment for maintenance.
- Training of staff on Control Room and Plant Operator operations.
- Co-ordinate Control Room Operators activities in conjunction with smooth and safe operations of the power generation facility
- Review Control Room Operator log sheets to ensure that plant equipment is operating in compliance with vendor recommendations and guide lines, and ensure corrective actions is taken on non-compliance items
- Broad Job Knowledge - Broader knowledge of theory and principles within a professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
- High School, Vocational Training (or equivalent)
- 10 years in steam power generation operation, 3 years in control room.
- Knowledge and experience of power generation process, permit and safety systems, HV switching and switchgear, steam cycle chemistry, performance monitoring, DCS control systems (WDPF system preferred, but not required), reading technical drawings, computers and computer applications.
- Good interpersonal, communication and motivational skills with a flexible, enthusiastic and committed attitude to work.
- Ability to train others
- Fluent to comprehend, speak, read and write English