|Location:||Fall River, MA|
Liberty Utilities is looking for an Engineer to perform the engineering and design function of the operation of gas facilities for the company.
Performs mapping and auto CAD; responsible for generating design sketches, work orders and
Inputs information into the GIS system and to design/manage gas facilities construction projects.
- Creates construction drawings of existing and proposed gas mains, service lines, and meter sets.
Converts technical drawings into CAD, redlining mains as necessary.
Assists in the design of new main extensions, relocations, replacements, commercial and industrial service lines and meter settings.
Inputs material and labor data into computer to generate cost estimates for work orders.
Assist with the identification of main replacement projects for the Company’s Gas System Enhancement Program (GSEP) (Note: the GSEP is a 20 year main/service replacement program with over 10 miles of main replacement anticipated annually).
Reviews city and state construction plans to identify conflicts with gas distribution facilities.
Assists with data entry with the Company’s mapping system and/or the Company’s gas modeling system.
Performs major design assignments.
Performs multiple engineering tasks.
Frequently interacts with external customers, vendors, city engineers.
- Demonstrates a high standard of safety and is willing and able to comply with all safety regulations and Company safety policies.
- Requires Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering with a preference of 3 years of related experience.
- Requires experience with drafting software (e.g., CAD)
- Ability to read and evaluate construction plans.
- Strong mathematical background with ability to scale drawings.
- Knowledge of utilities industry terminology.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to apply common sense, collect data and conduct analysis as required to solve certain problems.
- Ability to provide direct service to external customers.
- Effective communication skills and ability to interact appropriately with others.
- Ability to work extended hours and unscheduled days, including weekends and holidays, as necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Willingness and ability to travel and with such frequency as necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Critical thinking skills; ability to analyze, develop action plans, and solve complex issues.
- Ability to perform duties onsite and offsite, in the field for those duties which are customarily or by their nature performed offsite.
- Ability to maintain concentration and attention to detail.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
Liberty Utilities is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration in employment or advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.